Lanie’s Hope Submission Guidelines – Written Submissions
Our mission is to illuminate and humanize the DISEASE of compulsive gambling; we serve as a catalyst for social change in problem gambling.
We are committed to raising awareness of the disease nature of problem gambling, with the ultimate goal of assuring treatment is available for all who suffer with a gambling disorder regardless of their ability to pay. It is our position that health insurance coverage, social services, and support services for problem gamblers and their loved ones should be in parody with other mental health and addictive disorders. To succeed in our mission of affecting social change, we need every voice to be heard. If you or a loved one are impacted by compulsive gambling, if you have lost a loved one or considered suicide as a result of your own addiction to gambling, we encourage you to share your story.
What we’re looking for: Original stories and essays compatible with Lanie’s Hope’s mission; including personal accounts of how compulsive gambling has impacted your life – either through your own addiction to gambling or as a family member or loved one of a compulsive gambler.
Perhaps you’ve reached out for help and were unable to receive the care you needed. Perhaps you’ve had success in getting treatment from a support group, counselor or physician. You may have lost a loved one to a gambling-related suicide. Sharing your personal experience can help others.
- Have you have ever considered or attempted suicide as a result of gambling? What drove you to this level of despair? Tell us about events/feelings related to gambling that led to this and how your life is now.
- Were you ever denied medical coverage for gambling-related therapy or hospitalization?
- Are you in recovery? How did you find recovery? How has your life changed?
- Have you lost a loved one due to their compulsive gambling problem? Did you know they were gambling compulsively? How has this loss impacted your life?
- Have you had any personal experience in discussing gambling addiction with your primary care physician or mental health provider or employer?
- Other: The above are suggestions only. We will consider any and all submissions on the topic of problem gambling, compulsive gambling, pathological gambling and recovery
Lanie’s Hope Submit Your Story Policies:
Rights: By indicating “I agree” on Lanie’s Hope website prior to submitting your story, you agree to the Terms and Conditions and Release of Liability therein, giving Lanie’s Hope the right to edit and publish your story online, as well as for potential use in future forums indicated. Editing will be performed for grammar, space and site publishing style purposes only and will not substantially alter your original story.
Acceptance: All submissions will be reviewed for content, appropriateness and compatibility. Lanie’s Hope reserves all rights in posting of submissions.